What Are Veneers?
Porcelain veneers in our Epping clinic are more resistant to staining than resin veneers and are usually more effective at reflecting light in a way similar to your natural teeth.
What Are Veneers Used For?
Veneers may be recommended:
● To improve the colour of teeth that have been stained by medication, root canal treatment, large fillings or other causes.
● To improve the appearance of worn-down teeth
● To improve chipped, broken or cracked teeth.
● To improve uneven, irregular or misaligned teeth
● To improve teeth that have big gaps between them
What Can You Expect When You Have Veneers Fitted?
A veneer procedure usually includes at least three visits to the dentist. Your first visit will be a consultation and discussion about your treatment plan, and the two subsequent visits will be for your treatments.
Your first consultation and treatment planning
Your follow up visits
Making the veneer
Placing the veneer
Afterwards your dentist will remove any extra cement and check your bite. Your dentist may ask to see you after a few weeks, to check how you have adapted.
Don’t struggle with chipped, uneven or cracked teeth. Contact our office and chat to a professional about your options for veneers today: (02) 9158 6753
Frequently Asked Questions
I need dentures. What should I do?
If you need dentures Epping, schedule an appointment with your dentist to determine your options. He will be able to help determine if another treatment option might be more suited to your particular situation. They will remove your teeth and put your dentures on the same day. But this depends on your oral health.
How can I care for my dentures?
Here are a few tips to take care of your dentures Epping.
- Properly clean your dentures daily to remove food and plaque causing bacteria.
- Use a denture brush to clean your dentures.
- Use a non-abrasive denture paste to ensure the durability of your dentures.
- Do not use bleach on your dentures.
- If your denture is cracked, go to your dentist immediately and have them checked and repaired professionally.
Can I sleep wearing dentures?
Yes! You can sleep wearing your dentures Epping. But, it’s highly recommended to remove them while sleeping to relax your gum and bone from the pressure of the denture during the day. You should find time during the morning to properly clean your mouth if you need to wear dentures at night. Without following proper oral hygiene, you should not wear your dentures 24 hours a day. Dentists Epping recommend removing your dentures at night and store them in water to avoid any bacterial build-up.
Can I eat while wearing dentures?
It’s crucial for patients wearing dentures Epping to learn to eat while wearing them. With proper practice, one can eat comfortably wearing them, but it’s still difficult to eat harder foods or sticky foods. You can use denture adhesive to stabilize the dentures and help hold them in place while you learn how to get comfortable with them. You must avoid chewing gum while wearing dentures as it sticks to the acrylic plastic in the denture and may break a seal on the dentures.
When should I get dentures?
You can get dentures Epping if,
- You want to improve the colour of your stained teeth
- You want to enhance the appearance of the worn-down teeth
- You want to fix chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- You want to fix misaligned teeth
- You want to remove big gaps between teeth
How long will my dentures last?
Your dentures Epping will last for five to eight years without the need for any replacement. But, this purely depends on how you are taking care of your dentures. Moreover, as you age, your dentures must be realigned to the changing shape of your teeth to ensure better results.
Conveniently Located in Northern Sydney
In The Building
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturdays: 9am - 1pm
Tuesday night until 7 pm
Other days until 6pm